GENERAL
project description
list of features
group management
group members and tasks
project schedule
architecture
screenshots
final documentation
- word format

STATUS
physics
input
integration
art
graphics
networking
audio
interface

message board
links
dmf in the news

input

New Status Report Entry Name

E-Mail

Report

Kuo-Wen Lo Monday, May 28, 2001 at 01:09:07 (PDT)

Keyboard Remapping completed.

Kuo-Wen Lo Friday, May 25, 2001 at 20:23:08 (PDT)

Additional input ability integrated into the Menu. Now you can hold down a key and color keep increasing and loop without releasing. Gonna work on getting that modifiying name thing in Menu, as well as getting key remapping. Firing animation for single mouse click is done. Need to figure out what to do for sequential firing.

Kuo-Wen Lo Monday, May 07, 2001 at 17:20:10 (PDT)

Wasn't able to accomplish much this week, and midterms this week and next week as well. I've been trying to get Bryce for the past two days, and basically, both versions I've received are broken. So now I'm getting it from a 3rd source, which I hope will be perfect. It is currently downloading at 49%, again, I'll get it to graphics as soon as possible. I've also look over some physics code this week, as well as design some basic planning for keyboard remapping for the UI.

Kuo-Wen Lo Saturday, April 28, 2001 at 18:12:31 (PDT)

Input is done.
Goal for next week: Learn more Lightwave, construct models & textures, join another section, either physics or something and speed up integration.

Kuo-Wen Lo Friday, April 27, 2001 at 18:58:14 (PDT)

Ok, my stuff is now integration-compatible now. Sunny thinks this makes no sense. Anyways, if anyone wanna use input, the header file is in pisa inside folder _input. I also place the main and init stuff we came up with, (as tiny as they might be) inside that folder. The input example program file is also in there. Basically, all source code for input self-test module is in there if you wanna play around, just create new project, include them, compile, and you can see the outputs from both the mouse and keyboard and what they look like.
i'll be in lab today. laters.

Kuo-Wen Lo Monday, April 23, 2001 at 16:02:08 (PDT)

Ok. Got the Input program working.
For some reason, anything running in nonexclusive mode, when using the keyboard, it gives me a windows error sound. Still investigating. I've disable all the accerlator keys, as well as the return key, so we can see where all the keys map to. The return key is taken out to use for the exit in exclusive foreground mode (when you can't see your mouse at all), so when return is pressed, it allows me to exit the program. I'll upload this thing soon.

Kuo-Wen Lo Monday, April 23, 2001 at 15:15:19 (PDT)

hmm... whenever I run my program, I can't debug because I lose my conftrol over my mice and keyboard.
I manage to merge 2 of the given test programs by Microsoft together, they don't work quite well, but in a nonexclusive buffer mode, the program will be able to read both inputs from keyboard and mouse. Still working on getting ActionMapping ready. Need integration.

Yoway Friday, April 20, 2001 at 16:06:39 (PDT)

Test with e-mail out.

04/15/01, Kuowen Lo

This week I manage to learn about DirectInput, and learn how to
acquire and get the input. So pretty much by the end of today I'll have
a program up that can do all the DirectInput stuff. We'll probably just
cut up my test program into parts like Initialization, poll input, and stuff,
then put that in the actual program itself. There's a feature call
ActionMapping that I will keep look at and see if we can implement it.
If we can, then we have a pre-written program of re-mapping keys for a game
without us needing to do anything.